Another year (and another decade!) has begun, and Valentine’s Day has rolled around again. Whether you’re a hopeless romantic or believe Valentine’s is just like any other day, there’s room for us all to celebrate in our own little way.
Whether it’s going out for a date night or staying in for an extra-nice dinner, exchanging token gifts or going all out, Valentine’s Day is celebrated by so many. Here’s a fun fact for you: over 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolates are sold across the UK each year. Did you buy one last year?
With Valentine’s Day being the second-largest card-giving event after Christmas, with the first Valentine’s card being exchanged in the 15th century, this holiday is definitely here to stay, so let’s embrace it and share the love…
We thought we’d kick-start our gift guide with the best way to start the day: a super cute breakfast set! There’s no better way to show someone you love them than by making them a special breakfast – well, we don’t think so anyway. 😉 No matter how old you are, who can resist a dippy egg and soldiers?
Dish up your Valentine’s breakfast in these adorable heart-adorned egg cups and spoons for cuteness overload! Serve with a cup of tea or coffee, and you’re onto a winner. Available to buy now in-store at Morrisons.
Our Costa latte duo gift set will make the perfect accompaniment to your Valentine’s breakfast. With two high-quality Costa latte glasses, plus delicious ginger biscuits and fruit & oat biscuits, this is definitely a great alternative to chocolates or flowers. A great gift for the caffeine-fuelled coffee lovers this Valentine’s Day. Available to buy now online at Amazon.
Hampers aren’t just for Christmas: they’re fast becoming the trendiest gift for any occasion, whether it’s a pamper hamper for mum or a gift box full of delicious sweet treats for all ages. This year, due to high demand, our hamper range has really grown.
One of our favourites is this classic wicker basket hamper, full of lovely afternoon tea style treats perfect for a shared Valentine’s tea for two. With teas, jams, and delicious shortbread biscuits, this will make a lovely Valentine’s gift for those with a sweet tooth. Available to buy now online at Very.
Our top picks
To help take the stress out of shopping this Valentine’s, we’ve done the work for you and put together this list of our top Valentine’s gift ideas: full of fabulous presents from some well-known gift shops and other exciting new online retailers. From failsafe classics to the daringly different, here’s our 2020 Valentine’s gift guide for him and her.
Our top picks for him
- Cufflinks. Personalising a classic gift is a great way to make your loved one’s present extra-special. We love these simple silver bar cufflinks.£28
- Grow your own chillies. This grow your own chillies set includes three fiery chilli seed varieties for spice lovers. Great for a different, more interactive gift. £9.99
- Chocolate. All you need is love… but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt ! 😉 This box of luxurious chocolates is a real treat, and comes in a swanky box that your other half can keep for all their treasures. £35
- Rum gift box. This premium hamper box is beautifully presented and includes the perfect combo of sweet treats and premium artisan booze! It’s a win-win at just £15
- Travel accessories set. Do you and your other half like to travel together, or does he jet-set a lot for work? This sophisticated travel set will be right up their street. £34.95
Our top picks for her
- Cute confectionery. If you’re after a change from chocolate, you’re sure to impress with this box of gorgeous marzipan hearts. Ideal if your other half likes a sweet treat! £9.95
- Personalised prints and photos. One of the best places for finding personalised gifts is Not on the High Street: being able to search by product and price makes shopping easy and stress-free. This unique soundwave print would make a lovely personalised gift to win you extra brownie points. £30
- Pyjamas. Who doesn’t like a cute pair of pyjamas for the chilly winter months? These Valentine’s themed PJs are sure to warm your loved one’s heart! £15
- Gin gift box. A perfect present for gin lovers, complete with a tipple or two to enjoy this Valentine’s Day. Best of all, it won’t break the bank at just £15
- Candles. Set the ambience this Valentine’s by lighting these fragrant rose and geranium scented candles. £9