The perfect mum deserves the perfect Mother’s Day gift and we all get stuck from time to time on what to buy her. It can feel like a lot of pressure each year to buy your mum something she will love; after all she has fed you, clothed you, been your best friend, a shoulder to cry on – the list goes on.
We know most mums don’t want us to spend our hard-earned money on them, but even so we all want to find that special something that shows her how grateful we are. Well, read on as we’ve got you covered with ideas for gifts, days out, or afternoons in.
What can beat a cup of tea and something sweet?
We’re not sure there’s any better way to say thank you to your mum, stepmum, nan, or grandma than to give them everything they need for the perfect afternoon in. A pretty mug ready for a hot cuppa? Check! Indulgent chocolate hearts? Check! Now feet up and relax! :)
Our Me to You mug with chocolate hearts is available now online or in-store at Tesco.
Our Me to You tea and biscuits mug is sure to make your mum feel special this Mother’s Day, complete with the sweet message ‘first my mum, forever my friend.’ The sweet tatty teddy bear features on this mug, and the gift set comes complete with English Breakfast tea bags and delicious fruit and lemon biscuits.
Our lovely Me to You tea and biscuits mug gift can be found online or in-store at Tesco.
This year we’ve created our first customisable Me to You gift!
This delicious chocolate bar gift card can be personalised for whichever special mum you’re buying for this Mother’s Day: whether it’s for your ‘mum,’ ‘grandma,’ ‘nan,’ or ‘mummy.’ A number of handy peelable stickers are included with the chocolate bar, allowing you to customise the card so that it’s perfectly personalised to your intended recipient. Buy it online here.
Some Mother’s Day suggestions from the mums in the Kimm & Miller office…
- Whether you’re baking, buying a gift, or planning to do something together, it’s the thought that counts…
- Let her have a lie in – we all know a good night’s sleep helps you feel fabulous!
- Make her breakfast or take her out for brunch (bottomless brunch, anyone?)
- Book her a relaxing massage to help her unwind
- Spend some quality time together – go shopping or book tickets for a show. Life can get so busy and spending time with one another is just as special as a shop-bought gift
- Try a new class together – whether it’s a high-intensity fitness class, soothing yoga, or a pottery class, doing something therapeutic together can be fun and relaxing for you both
- Make your mum a special dinner – food is the way to most people’s heart!
- Buy her a bunch of lovely flowers to put a spring in her step – gorgeous, colourful daffodils are in season right now
- Try baking her favourite cake and put on a special afternoon tea for your mum
- Find the perfect personalised gift – whether it’s a special mounted photo, a lovely trinket box, a purse, or a piece of jewellery
- Get your craft on and make your mum a homemade Mother’s Day card for that special personal touch
Wishing you a very happy Mothering Sunday from the team x